Due to the alarming level of air pollution in major cities across the country, it is now more understandable to own an air purifier. If ignored, polluted air poses a high risk of developing respiratory disorders and can potentially be harmful to people already suffering from respiratory problems. Therefore, it is understandable that there is an air purifier at home, especially an air purifier that takes care of allergies brought about by the changing weather.
Even though the moment we speak, the air quality is decreasing, yet hope remains. Every electronics company is doing its best to give you facilities for a better life. That is why we are here with this article to help you choose the best air purifier in India.
10 important things to check before you buy an Air Purifier
With the onset of winter, the whole of northern India is beginning to experience the poor air quality visible. Metrics like PM25 and PM10 are hitting as high as 600 and 9 respectively. There is no denying that the current air quality is dangerous for health and the only thing citizens can do is stay indoors with air purifiers running at full speed. Having said that, it is not advisable to lock yourself inside a room with air purifiers as it can harm you. Doctors suggest that the air you breathe is more about PM2.5 particles and that the exchange of fresh air is equally important. Keeping this in mind, here are some important things you should check when buying air purifiers.
- Consider the size of the room before getting an air purifier. Pick up accordingly a purifier that claims to work in a larger room. It’s even better if you can factor in room height too. You are recommended to station air purifiers in the most populated room within your home and office. Needless to say, it is better to place in a central place where air purifiers remain free of any obstacles.
- There are different types of filters, choose wisely. There are four types of filters available – hepa (high efficiency particle air), charged media, antibacterial and germ, and electrostatic precipitator. Depending on the level of contamination in the area you live in, you must change your filter regularly. It is the most basic and even most important filter, as it removes 0.3 microns (microns) or more sizing air pollutants. Even human eyes cannot see these particles. HEPA filters are classified from grade E to one in descending order of effectiveness. They can screen dust, pollen, mold spores, mite feces, and other allergies
- Buy a model with an AQI monitor and that is lightweight
- Consider the certification and warranty details of the air purifier
- Consider the cost of replacement filters and customer service. Electricity consumption, price, and maintenance cost should be low. You want to choose a purifier that consumes less power, does lower upfront costs, and does not break the bank over time in servicing and filter swapping.
- Air purifiers can be loud and disturb your sleep. Focus on the decibels.
- It is better to avoid air purifiers models with UV filtration or ionization-based purifiers. These emit ozone which can cause respiratory problems at risk for a long time.
- At the time of purchasing an air purifier, prefer one that comes with an activated carbon layer. Active carbon molecules bond with pollutants to trap cigarette smoke, chemical fumes, gases, and odours This layer absorbs all harmful gases and chemicals present in the air and delivers odour free air.
- While CADR is industry standard in India, it is not a correct representation of actual usage conditions. That is why Dyson developed polar testing which is now identified as a benchmark in markets like China. While CADR uses a small 12 square meter room with the purifier located in the centre and provided assistance by a rooftop fan. The air quality is then monitored using the same sensor kept in the room. On the other hand, polar testing puts purifiers at the corner of a large 27 square meter room. Airflow is not assisted by any external fan and quality monitoring is done using 9 sensors placed in different parts of the room.
- Air purifier that claims to have 5 ACH (air change rate per hour) rating means that it will clean the air every twelve minutes. For efficient air cleaning, go for an air purifier with 5 to 6 ACH rating.
TOP 10 AIR PURIFIERS IN 2021 -22
|Best Air Purifiers in India||Brand|
|Airspa Air Purifier||Airspa|
|Mi Air Purifier 3 With HEPA Filter||Mi|
|Dyson Pure Cool Lixnk Tower Air Purifier TP04||Dyson|
|Coway Professional AirMega 150 Air Purifier||Coway|
Airspa the most feature in our list of best air purifiers in India is the rich and cheapest device. The price of purifiers is much lower than that of other purifiers. So, let’s see what makes it a capable air purifier.
- CADR (Air Flow): 180m³/hr
- Anion: 5×10⁷/cm³
- PM 2.5: 96.5%
- TVOC: 94.5%
- Natural Bacteria: 98.2%
- Dust Removal: 99.9%
- Power consumption: 40W
- Weight: 4.8kg
- Applicable area: 35m³
- Noise: 18dB
- Control operation: Panel Buttons + Remote Control
- Sensor: Odor Sensor
- Filter Details: Alloy Washable Filter + Nano-coldcatalyst + Activated Carbon Filter + Antibacterial Filter + HEPA Filter + UV Lamp
- 7-Stage filteration process.
- Remote control features.
- Sleep Mode
- Easy to install.
- There is no silent or night mode for noise free operation.
Overall Rating – 3.9/5
Price: 9900 INR
Mi Air Purifier 3 comes with an ultra-clear OLED display with touch control and can also be controlled via the app – quiet and energy-efficient. Certified by the Guangzhou Industrial Microbiology Testing Center with reference to GB/T 18801-2015, which detects clean air, energy efficiency, noise levels, and more. Coverage Area: 279 – 484 sqft.
Features & Specification:
- True HEPA filters with a high CADR rating of 380 m3/h
- Covers the air at 360 degrees and comes with 3 layers of composite filtration
- Offers smart app connectivity and control
- Effectively covers a room area of up to 484 sqft
- Power consumption of 38 watts
- Filters can be changed manually without any assistance
- OLED touch Display
- 3-layer filtration for pure air
- Covers a large area of up to 484 Sq.ft
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Comes with a laser particle sensor
- Filter needs to be replaced every 4-5 months, making it expensive
Overall ratings: 4.7/5
Price: 9999 INR
The Dyson Pure Cool Link Air Purifier automatically removes 99.95% of allergies and pollutants as small as 0.1 microns. The Dyson Purifier broadcasts pure air into the room with the powerful project and air multiplier technology. The 360-degree vacuum-sealed glass HEPA filter removes indoor air pollutants while a second layer of trans-coated active carbon captures domestic odor and potentially harmful toxins. Intelligent purification automatically monitors, reacts, and purifies – then reports air quality data on your Dyson Link app, so you can control your environment remotely. The easy filter changes with notification on the app when the filter requires replacement.
- Intelligent purification; Automatically removes 99.95% of allergies and pollutants as small as PM 0.1 (0.1 microns) including dust, pollen, mould spores, bacteria, pet dander, VOC and other harmful gases/smells.
- Air multiplier technology and oscillation feature for powerful project and air pure air in the room. Length of cord: 1.9 m
- Engineer for the project and transmit pure air across large spaces. Dual functionality with fan feature with air purification
- The dyson purifier has lower facial velocity unlike some other traditional purifiers. This, with high efficiency vacuum seal 360 ° glass hepa filter ensures that harmful ultra-fine pollutants are not released back into the room and captured in filter media
- 360° Glass Hepa Filter and Trais-Coated Activated Carbon Filter. H-13 glass hepa filter is packed more than 200 times and with dense borosilicate microfiber
- Automatically monitors, reacts and purifies. The Dyson Link app provides real-time air quality reports and allows you to remotely control your machine from your smartphone. Comes with a remote control that manages for easy docking at the top of the machine when necessary
- Features include easy scheduling, 10 air-speed settings, auto mode, night time mode, sleep timer, and an easy-to-clean aperture with no fast-spinning blades, so it’s safe for small fingers or paws.
Overall Ratings: 4.1 / 5
Price: 27,900 INR
Sharp Air Purifier is designed with ABS material under strict quality control in Japan to ensure the product compliments your homes and offices. Sharp has been certified as Japan and ASEAN No.1 brand by Euromonitor International Limited.
Features & Specifications:
- CADR- 240 m3/hr
- Number of filters – 3
- Coverage Area – 200 sq. ft
- Air Purifying Method – Plasmacluster technology
- Weight – 5.9 Kg
- The Sharp Air Purifier is manufactured in Japan under strict quality control to ensure that the product has an elegant design that best fits living rooms or bedrooms.
- Sharp FP-F40E-W air purifier has superior purifying efficiency as it can purify a room of 200 square feet space four times in one hour.
- It makes use of Plasmacluster technology releasing positive and negative ions to neutralize the air by interacting with the molds and viruses.
- Ideal for room size varies between 200 to 400 sq. ft.
- Comes with 1 year warranty card.
- Captures 99.9% of airborne impurities.
- Dual purification mode.
- It can be a bit noisy
- No smartphone connectivity or control
Overall Ratings: 4.3 / 5
Price: 9990 INR
Airmega 150 comes with a powerful 3-stage air purification system: Pre-filter to trap PM10 particles, patented urethane carbon filters to deodorize air and remove VOCs, and multilevel anti-virus green HEPA filters to effectively trap PM25 particles and effectively trap viruses and allergies. This means that every impurity gets stuck in the air of your house so that you and your loved ones get pure air.
Features & Specification:
- True HEPA Technology Green Anti-flu Filter made of Japanese Sumac & Ginko
- Patented Urethane Carbon Filter and True HEPA life of one year or 8500 hours
- Covers room area of 355 sq. ft
- High CADR rating of 303 cubic m/hr
- Low noise and super silent operation
- Effectively traps PM2.5 particles with the help of True HEPA
- One-touch speed adjustment with four-speed steps (1-3, Turbo)
- Real-time air quality indicator & filter Replacement Indicator
- Green True HEPA filter fights against flu, viruses, and bacteria
- Indicators help manage the machine better
- Filter life goes up to one year
- Traps and collects even the smallest particles (PM2.5)
- Warranty of 5 years on air purifier motor and 1 year on electrical parts.
- Panel lights can seem too bright for some people
Overall Ratings: 4.5/ 5
Price: INR 11,418.41 + INR 17,779.60 Shipping & Import Fees
- ACH (change in air per hour) – this means purifiers can exchange faux air with fresh air in an hour. It is usually represented in multiples, i.e. 2x, 3x, 4x, 6x, etc.
- You will clearly choose one that matches your indoor decoration and is portable to move to the room if and when necessary.
- Features such as remote control, effectiveness of auto mode, handles or wheels, integration with display indicators and Google, Alexa and Siri assistants
Poor air quality can make you sick as every household needs the best quality air purifier with increasing air pollution that can provide your family with healthy and fresh air. If you have a newborn or older people with respiratory problems then the best decision to bring home a top-quality air purifier can make them feel healthy and safe. But you may be confused about which of them is best to buy.
As above, we have mentioned some of the top best air purifiers in India that we advise our users to choose whenever they feel like bringing home an air purifier that purchases a safe breathing environment. Further, we have ensured that we provide all the necessary details about the best air purifiers in India from top brands that offer both value for money as well as top-notch performance so that our users do not face any issues later.
So gift your loved ones breathing in a fresher and clean environment without any delay!