Winter can be very harsh, especially in northern parts of India. Sometimes the temperature falls below 10 or 5 degrees.
As, Winter is already here you may feel the need for heaters around the house.
Depending on the size of the room and your budget, there are a large number of room heaters available in the market.
Before we just to the list let us know a little bit more about heaters.
Before buy a room heater make sure which type are you buying or you should know about room heater types and advantages.
Heaters are of 3 TYPES
The fan-based heater in which the fan blows the air which passes through the heating elements and warms up the room.
These are basically coil based heaters, in which the heating coils lighten up when heaters are switched on and the area nearby the heater get warm.
These heaters use direct infrared rays of heat that produce heat and provide a warm effect to the surroundings.
Room Heater Size and Coverage
This is considered to be one of the most important factors because – if you buy the wrong size, you will end up with a hot or less hot spot.
Just on the contrary, if you buy a small room heater for large rooms, not enough heat will be produced to heat the room.
Suitable room heater capacity can be measured with wattage output.
As thumb rule, the room heater that consumes 10 Watts power will warm area of 1 square foot completely.
Therefore, if the room heater consumes 1500watts, you can heat 150sqft.
So, if you want to custom calculate for your area, follow the below formula.
General Rule for Calculating Wattage and Heating Capacity in Sq. ft
As already mentioned, 10 watts of power lets to heat up 1 sq. ft.
So, total wattage equal to total sq. ft multiplied by 10.
Here is the list of top 5 heaters that you may like to buy under Rs.2000 that are best types of room heaters.
- Bajaj Flashy 1000 Watts Radiant Room Heater
While the heat during winter relieves everyone, severe cold can be a challenge in itself.
Bajaj Room Heaters help you keep cool at bay with a wide variety of our room heaters ranging from oil-filled radiators (OFR) and fan/blower to PTC and radiant heaters.
Bajaj Room Heater is ISI approved.
It has a multitude of safety measures to help prevent any accidents.
These incredibly secure heaters which comes with a 2-year warranty and are available in 1000 Watts.
It runs on 230 – 240 voltage.
So, if you feel the need for warmth this winter, buy room heater by Bajaj.
Price range: Rs.970 to 1029 Rs.
- Solimo 2000-Watts Room Heater
This1.15 kgs weighing heater comes with 2400 rpm motor and consumes 2000 watts of power.
It needs only 10 Amp socket or more.
This model’s fan speed cannot be regulated by knob. Its fixed.
It has Built-in overheating protection;
Its Operating Voltage is 220 – 240 volts
Personally, I like this heater as its super mountable and portable.
Price Range: in between 1100 Rs. To 1300 Rs.
- USHA Quartz Room Heater (3002) 800-Watt
This element heater is basic, but efficient.
This heater has low power consumption.
This heater uses halogen light which means that heat radiates through infrared waves which are produced from light.
The Usha room heater is equipped with two heating positions, which means it can be adjusted to 400 watts or 800 watts of heating power.
It does not have a fan, but the heat radiates from two quartz elements.
This makes it suitable for a small room.
It is meant for Spot Heating with Voltage/Frequency of 230V/50Hz/1 Phase respectively.
Price Range: Starting from 1249/- only.
- ORPAT OEH-1220 Fan Heater
The orpat 1220 is the one of the best room heaters under 2000 in India.
This heater is ideal for a small or medium sized room i.e. up to 250 sq. ft
It is operated at the 2000 watts heat setting.
The fan makes a buzz sometimes.
It uses plug in of 15A and make sure that you do not plug in the standard 5 or 6A socket.
It comes with non-sagging, sewing type and long-life heating element, safety cut-off and overheat protection.
It has Two heat settings
- 1000 watts and
- 2000 watts
Also has one-year warranty and operate at 220 to 240 voltage.
Price Range: Rs. 1000 to 1200 Rs.
- Bajaj Majesty RX11 Heat Convector Room Heater
This heat fan is featured with two heat settings, allowing you to regulate temperatures.
The adjustable thermostat is another unique feature of this heater that helps you maintain a temperature you want in the room.
This heater can be used as a good tool because it can be a fan in summer and a heater in winter.
It comes with power setting of 1000 W and 2000 W
It includes auto thermal cut-out, thermostat and thermal fuse for safety.
Operative voltage is 230V to 240V
Price range: 2200- 2300 Rs.
Position your heater in the right place and be safe
Placing the room heater in a functional place is an important thing to consider.
- Always place your heater on flat surfaces. No matter where you place the room heater, make sure the surface is flat. If the surface is not flat, the device can fall down or be easily knocked out.
- Clearance around room heater is important. Make sure that the room heater is not interrupted with anything. Maintain at least 3-foot distance from the heater
- Portable or Mounted. Choose a right one.
- Mounted room heaters are fixed in a wall and baseboard heaters are mounted at the bottom of the wall near the floor. They’re cool to touch (while in operation).
- Make sure that the flow of heat is not interrupted by furniture or any other thing while installing wall-mounted room heaters.
- If you have a portable room heater, you have to be careful where you place it. Avoid places where it can be easily knocked out.
- Tables and shelves are the worst places to keep portable room heaters.
- Keep the surroundings dry as the heaters work on electricity, they should never be placed in damp areas.
- Avoid in kitchen bathroom or areas with moisture.
With these room heaters you are all set for winters. Happy winters!!!!!